Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Starving Girls Can Really Cook!

When I was anorexic, I wanted to stay as far away from food as possible. I did not trust myself! I remember reading somewhere when I was about 15 that frequently anorexic girls liked to cook a lot and not eat anything that they cooked. It sounded like torture to me, but for some sick girls it's just part of the whole food obsession. Plus, for a little while it probably works as a good cover-up. "That girl is always cooking, she can't be anorexic."
I had a friend who was anorexic around the same time I was, and she really got into cooking. She would cook all these really healthy delicious looking foods and sit around and be proud of how much her family enjoyed them. She isn't anorexic anymore, and all those cooking skills she acquired are actually really useful to her now. Man, I wish I was a more productive anorexic. Maybe then I wouldn't eat so many frozen pizzas, now!
I found a website by an anorexic gir lthat is filled with delicious sounding low calorie recipies. I wonder if she actually eats them!? The URL is www.livejournal.com/community/250calsorless/.

5 Comments:

Blogger Masquerade said...

I feel the same way! I've always desired to run from tempation. If I can't get to it, I can't eat it. I stay home from events, lock myself in my room, anything and everything to stay away from what I know is going to make me hate myself later on. I wouldn't have the willpower to cook like that. And besides: don't you have to taste things to know if they're done? Hence my complete aversion to cooking pasta.

July 21, 2007 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Sony said...

hi, i found your blog and i like this!i'm from finland and i just wanna find good blog. Are you anorexic right now?

September 28, 2008 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger Fat Bastard said...

Skinny women are much more unselfish and much more moral that fat girls and a hell of a lot more pleasant to hang out with.

July 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Char Vicki said...

I found your blog just now and this totally sounds just like me, wow.

November 1, 2009 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Tiny said...

I used to think that anorexic women do not like to cook. It was an interesting post!

thanks:)

September 18, 2010 at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home